Calgary Community Choir
The Calgary Community Choir is open to singers aged 21 and up of all ability levels. Beginners are welcome!
As part of the Calgary Children’s Choir family, this choir extends our philosophy of singing for the joy of it through adulthood, while:
• developing vocal technique
• developing musicianship skills, such as sight-reading music
• singing a variety of repertoire in two major concerts — from early music to classical, jazz, pop and other modern genres
• finding a sense of belonging through meeting like-minded friends, and enjoying the opportunity for a social and musical outlet on a weekly basis
• experiencing newfound confidence, through the pride that comes with learning something new, and doing it well!
Dates and Times:
Thursday 7:15 PM – 9:00 PM
St. Giles Presbyterian Church 1102 – 23 Ave. N.W.
- Weekly rehearsals on Thursdays from 7:15 – 9:00 pm. 10 weeks per term
- First-term begins on October 6th and runs until the Christmas Concert, on December 10th.
- The second term begins February 23rd and runs until the May Concert, May 11th.
- No rehearsals on March 30 or April 13
- Two Saturday a.m. workshops – Nov 26 & April 29
- Two concerts – Dec 10 & May 13
- Music rental
- New choristers are accepted year-round.
- No mandatory fundraising.
Please post-date a $25 cheque for June 1, 2023. It will not be cashed but held and returned to you when the music is returned.
If you have any questions or would like to register, don’t hesitate to get in touch with our business manager, Laura Stuart here, or by telephone: (403) 210-3499